Monday, December 22, 2008

Treatment

A child goes to their mother in tears because of doing something he was ashamed of doing. The mother asked him “did you know, you weren’t supposed to do what you did?” He slumps in his chair, with his head down and murmurs the words, “No, but I couldn’t, I shouldn’t have, but I did.”

The mother says to her son in a soft spoken voice, “its okay sweetheart, not that you did wrong but that you noticed that what you did was wrong and that you should not have done it. For that my child it is okay. I want you to work really hard to not do it again.” The boy rises up from his chair with a half smile upon his face, and joyfully says “Yes mommy, I will.”

This scenario captures my attention to Jesus on the cross speaking to God. He says to the Lord, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing” (Luke 23:34). Jesus was basically saying to God, Daddy, these kids are crazy.

My thoughts lead me to look up the definition of crazy and it means full of cracks or flaws. I continued and considered the word insane which means mentally disordered.

I continued to think more and could see Jesus in my sanctified imagination. He was before the Father saying because these children are crazy they don't know what they are doing. They have a mental disorder;therefore, their plea is insanity.

When a person goes to court and is recognized as being insane the judge sentences the person to treatment. Many of us are doing things today and we know not what we are doing. We sense we should not do it but are vulnerable and leap to the other side, the dark side. We are insane and Jesus is still standing before the Father saying, forgive them Father.

The little boy went to his mother in tears not because he necessarily knew if it was right or wrong but he was ashamed of what he did. Just as the mother forgave her son, we have a heavenly Father, waiting to forgive us of what we have done wrong. As the year is ending don’t carry on your flaws to the next year.

Consider getting treatment before the Lord and asking for forgiveness. Pray to God that He brings to your attention all you have not repented of. Ask the Lord to forgive you and give you strength not to do such thing again. For He sent His only begotten son, so He may see us, as holy.

No comments: