Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Source

Saturday when I woke up, the family starts cleaning. My two year old wanted to eat but I told him “no you have to wait until we finish cleaning.” He kept hinting that he wanted breakfast and I continued cleaning. Eventually, he joined in the cleaning as everyone else. I thought it was interesting because he never asked anyone else for food, only me.

As I thought more, I considered my daughter whom went out with her friends Friday evening. I supplied her money; in case she needed something but when she got home, she said she wanted food. All of my children look to me to get them food.

My daughter showed me she could strategically think of what to spend her money on. She returned home with the money and an appetite. When we finished cleaning I then prepared breakfast for the family and my two year old was most excited looking for the next thing to get into.

My children reminded me an important lesson; we should always go to the main source for our necessities. This is how God wants His children to rely on Him. He wants us to ask, wait, join in the working, wait and then He will supply what is needed. For He is God alone, He is the source of all needs, all blessings, all strength, all vitality, "God said to Moses: I AM WHO AM,"(Exodus 3:14).

Today you might be seeking for something. You might be asking, but who are you asking? You might be waiting, but how are you waiting? You might be working, but who are you working for? This is a time in our life to recognize who the source is. Don't look to money as the source for it is "Better to be a poor person who has integrity than to be rich and double-dealing,"(Proverbs 28:6). Don't consider someone else or thing as the healer in your broken life for "He is the healer of the brokenhearted. He is the one who bandages the wounds," (Psalm 147:3).

Consider God alone as the source. Pray to God that you recognize Him as the source. Call upon the Lord to calm you in your race. Ask Him to forgive you for looking to another, for seeking something else as the source. For He is faithfull and just.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is so good and he is the only source I know to go too for ALL things. Keep doing what you do and he will continue to bless you..

Rochinda