Monday, December 1, 2008

Stir It Up

When I was a teenager the only thing I loved writing was poetry. I entered contest and found much pleasure in writing. As an adult I have come to understand more of my gift of writing and as I learn more; it as if it is growing more and more like a person from birth.

This past week as my daughter was persistent about me coming along to help her compose a book. I found myself writing a few children stories. It was fun and a great way to spend time with each other.

As I was thinking this morning I contemplated more on the scripture from Paul advising Timothy to stir up his gift.

“Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.” (2 Timothy 1:6).

When we stir up something it is blended, roused, or mixed with other things. It is defined as to cause an especially slight movement or change of position of: to disturb the quiet of: agitate: to rouse to activity. The more I thought of what was going on with me with the stirring of this gift it made more and more sense.

With each gift there is another level to your gift. Some are granted many gifts soem few yet if we are dormant to the one we are to lead with, how can we agitate our gift to the flowing of others? Have you felt like maybe you should do something else? What are you being charged to do?

Don’t be afraid to leap out because it seems impossible. Mark Twain said, “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of fear.” Pray to God to give you courage to stir up your gift. Ask the Lord to deliver your state of mind from being afraid so you may have mastery over fear. For God has given us spirit of “power and love and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God,

Stir me Up Lord and Use me to the fulliest!! God is so good and I Know it. I do recognize my gifts and I acept them and I thank God for the gifts he has given me. Jamila your ministry is such a beautiful and uplifting source. I'm glad you have accepted your gift because through you I'm able to put everyday life with scriptures and study the word with understanding. Thank you...

Love Rochinda