Thursday, December 18, 2008

A.S.K.

My daughter's birthday is today. She came to me the day before advising me of her wish list. She said, "Mom I only want 2 things, one is $24.99 and the other is $10.00. You will need about$35 and you can locate them at Walmart and Toy's R Us." She continued on to tell me, it is okay if you don't get them for my birthday because Christmas is only 7 days away."

I initially wanted to ask her, who she thought she was talking to but I was reminded she is being herself. As I contemplated more on what she actually did I noticed, not only did she tell me what she wanted but she did an assessment. She located where the items were sold, how much they cost and considered a time frame of getting the items. Then I thought, well Lord that is what you want us to do.

He ask us to ask, seek and knock. We are told in the gospel of Luke 11:9-10 "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
Today, many of us have needs and we have yet to implement an assessment. We pray yet not for what we need. We ask and don't seek and we hate to wait.
As you face each day needing, consider taking the time to research what you need to move forward. Ask God to help you focus on your needs and not your wants. Call upon the Lord to help you wait without complaining. For He waits to supply all your needs.

No comments: