Monday, December 29, 2008

I Thank Him

This morning when I woke up the house was quiet for a moment. All I could consider doing was thanking the Lord. He has been so good to me and my family. He has brought me from being arrogant about doing things only my way to yielding to His way. He did not force me to change. He gave me opportunity after opportunity to just say yes to His will. I love Him for that.

Isn’t He an awesome God? Man doesn’t give you chance after chance. If you mess up with man that’s it, they cut you off and do not want to be bothered with you any more but my God…my God gives chance after chance.

I thank Him this morning for being understanding, compassionate, loving when I couldn’t even love myself. I thank Him.

The song says “Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is He who made us and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture” (Psalm 100:2-3).

Because He is fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14) we can and shall praise Him. Everyone is facing some sort of trail in there life; there is some issue going on right now today in everyone’s life but that issue, that trail is not bigger than the Lord and for that very reason we shall praise Him.

This is the day that the Lord has made (Psalm 118:24) and on this day you live. I read the oldest man in the world, that happen to be an African American died at 112 years old. It amazed me because this man was called the man of three centuries. "He lived four years in the 19th century, 100 years in the 20th century, and 8 years in the 21st century.”

It was reported that he lived off his children and devoted his life to his friends and family. He survived his four children, 18 grandchildren, 33 great-grandchildren and 16 great-great grandchildren. This reminded me that God is still in the business of doing miraculous things.

Today, you might be aware that the year is ending but God is not ending. He is still granting opportunities for us to worship Him and for Him to bless you.

Today consider changing your perspective as you go in the New Year. Ask the Lord to help you focus on praising Him and demoting your problems. Call upon the Lord and praise Him on this day.

No comments: