Thursday, February 19, 2009

Delayed

Life has been depressing for many. People are loosing jobs, loosing homes; marriages are dying because of conditions. A man lost his job and because he was so distraught he killed his family and himself.

A lady shared with me that she had a story she wanted to be published but because she didn’t have illustrations she couldn’t go any further.

A gentleman revealed to me a project he wanted to work on but doesn’t seem to have the time to even get started. Both of these people have a dilemma which is killing them each second of the day; murder is occurring and they have yet to recognize they are slowly dying.

All three of theses people only see what they don’t have which causes them to be disobedient. The first man mentioned became disarranged and because of his mistakes He chose to dish out the consequences swiftly. The other people have delayed disobedience. Delayed disobedience is a silent killer.

You can observe delayed disobedience in the story of Adam and Eve. Adam was appointed head over the garden. He was told to name all the animals, and given dominion over the earth. Then God gave him a woman, and Adam named her Eve. God had a leadership meeting with Adam and told Adam “but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, ‘You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die'"” (Genesis 3:3).

Adam got the directions yet failed to have a meeting with his helpmate. He ignored communicating all the details to Eve. Some how he forgot what God said about being disobedient and then he did not want to take full responsibility for the results of not communicating(Genesis 3:12).

God plainly tells Adam if you disobey me you will die. God gave all the previously mentioned people some directions.

The first person was so troubled by his disobedience that he killed his family and self based on his mistakes. The remaining people are slowly allowing death to consume them based on procrastinating.

Has God given you instructions and all you can see is what you don’t have? What are you placing your faith in, what you see or believe? Our faith activates the Lord. Our obedience gives us favor allowing what He said to flourish.

Choose today to follow God and not what your circumstance say. Consider having swift obedience instead of delayed disobedience. Recognize that you can’t change what you didn’t do yesterday but you can change today by moving forward. Pray to God to give you strength to press on. Ask the Lord to forgive you for not moving when He said to go. Call upon the Father to trust in you as you execute the tasks He asks of you. Give your word to God to be faithful and diligent in following His instructions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I glad that you continued your devotional on "obedience". Being obedient keeps one structured, and balance. Reading this today reminded me to stay focus on what God has in stored for me. Love you.

Jamila said...

Marsha,
I am most grateful that these devotionals about obeying the Father has been uplifting to you. God has been dealing with me about obeying Him. He is calling me to do things that seem so impossible for me. He is saying for me to do things when all around me looks like it won't happen. I realized that if and when I feel doubt it is because I am spending too much time in the flesh and not enough time in the Spirit. If all I can see is what I can’t do it is because I am putting limitations on the Father. I pray that you embrace more of Him in the Spirit. It is through our friendship of personally knowing Him that our six sense of Faith is in tune. I am so happy to be used to this extent. I just worship His name and Him for giving me such an honor to serve Him in such capacity. To God be the glory!