Friday, February 20, 2009

Saving Faith

Recently, I had to go into Atlanta to pick up some material. I printed out the instructions to go to an unfamiliar location I had never gone. I was going to this unfamiliar location; therefore, it was important for me to leave early.

As I approached the location, I saw a cloud of dust from construction ahead and a panic came over me. I was considering, I might miss the store because of the loud construction. Pressure began to build as on coming traffic was coming from behind. I decided to pull over and call for specific directions.

A gentleman answered the phone and guided me directly to the location which was around the corner beyond the construction site.

After I got what I needed from the location, I noticed the map did say the road curved and I laughed. I followed the directions up until the pressure of the traffic and the distraction of the construction site. I did not loose site of where I was going until I panicked and stopped looking at the directions. However, when I did loose sight I was able to pick up a phone and call for some personal guidance and was guided directly to the store.

Jesus said, "Ye are my friends, if you do whatsoever I command you"(John 15:14). What instructions has the Lord given you? Do you know how to call on your friend when you get lost? If you get distracted by loud banging noises, people with negativity, do you seek the Father or look to others? What keeps you connected to your friendship with Christ is your obedience? Your obedience expresses your friendship of faith. Your faith saves you in the midst of it all.

My intentions where to follow directions but I was distracted by the pressure of being in an unfamiliar location with cars approaching the rear of my car and the loud banging construction site. I felt lost and out of touch with my directions and made a call to get back on track.

Being lost can be overwhelming. Before getting lost you have the directions but distractions can cause you to get off course delaying your arrival time of your specific destination.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16: 31). I believed when I called the store I would get personal directions how to get to my destination in the midst of all the distractions. We have to have the same approach when seeking the Father. Believe He will help you through with His spiritual guidance. Believe He has it all worked out before you even make the call. Believe in the success of the mission through Christ Jesus.

What happens when you get lost? Do you know when to pull over to get personal help? Do you know who to turn to for directions? Or are you stuck on the mistakes you made and give up?

Following directions are not always going to be easy but they can be accomplished with guidance. Allow yourself to pull through by making a call for personal guidance from Christ. Pray to God to give you control over panicking in the midst of construction. Ask God to take your sense of doubt away and replace it with the sense of faith. Call upon the Lord to release you from the fear of being lost, so you can call Him today. Ask the Father to ignite you to follow through His instructions. "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also" (James 2:26).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!! I've been there but I realized that when confusion approaches my life its not God. So when obstacles and road blocks are being placed before us its simply the devil and God is wanting us to talk to him and keep the faith always in and on him.

Rochinda