Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Your Worth

A woman approaching over 40 years of age is without a husband. She desires a child yet can’t stand the thought of a husband. What is a husband, which you would desire the resources of the husband to have your desire met yet disregard the source to provide the resource.

A woman that has been married pleas to the Lord “if you would just give me one child Father, I will dedicate him back to you, Oh Lord. I am tired of being the laughing stock among all these people. My Lord, please open my womb so I may bear a child.” Her husband says to her, "am I not enough for you, my love." This woman continues in prayer for it is not her husband she is seeking but the Lord.

A woman well over her 50 talks with her husband because she can’t take it any more. They have all the wealth they could imagine but no child. She advises her husband to take another woman and lay with her so she may give him a child, “for I can not.”

All 3 of these women have something in common yet one stands out among them all. They are questioning their worth, as a woman. Eve was the first that questioned her worth and identity. Eve was made in the image of God (Genesis 1:26) yet lack seeing the power of His image in her.

Today, many people struggle with the concept of their true worth. Two of these women have not grasped that “His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness” (2 Peter 1:3).

The question is what do you need for life? To function daily, what do you need? It’s not the luxury dinner every night, is it? It’s not the position as a CEO of the company, is it? It’s not three houses with one in France, is it? It’s not all the name brand clothes and not one of them even having a symbol to represent me, to tell of me, is it? What do you need for survival?

Do you understand, what being godliness is? Eve struggled with her worth because of her lack of knowing the divine power of God. She focused more on the glory side of being as God that she failed to recognize, “if I spent more time seeking the Father I will know, I am more like Him than this serpent is saying.”

The serpent is still lurking among us today. In some form, the serpent visits us all. He visited the woman over 40 when she said “I don’t have a baby, I am no good. I am not much of a woman since I can't have what only women can deliver.” He attacked the woman over 50, deceiving her to believe, she needed to bring someone from the outside to make her a happy home. Yet when the enemy showed up at the woman’s house that cried, “I want a child.” She did not hold a conversation with the serpent. This woman went directly to the Father. She knew no one; not even her husband, could fulfill her worth but the Lord, so she pleaded, to the Father.

This trick has been going on far too long. It is happening to not only women yet men as well. People are neglecting seeking the Father they don’t know that Jesus abides in them.

This is a personal attack. I pray that you seek Him today. Say out loud, “Since I am like Him, my very character is like Him. I can pray my way out of temptation because Jesus showed me that. I can be grateful for what I have because with feeding the 5000 Jesus showed me that. I can be kind when I am being dragged through dirt by another because when Jesus hung high He showed me that. I can be gentle when others make false accusations about me because when Jesus picked up the cross He showed me that. I can forgive those that hurt me because the Lord, He showed me that.”

Perhaps you stare upon these words dismayed. Maybe you are saying I can’t do all that. However, I would like you to consider spending more time seeking the Father.

Not knowing who you are can cause a sane person to become insane. Not knowing your purpose can make a person anticipate the day they just leave this earth. Not knowing you have divine power can make you feel so little, so tiny that the very thing you were called to do diminishes because you lack being you.

Instead of focusing on what you don’t have, consider what you do have that you need for everyday life. Pray to the Father to help you be content in all He has provided you. Thank God for proving your needs. Ask the Lord to forgive you for being greedy, selfish wanting more and not being content. Call upon the Lord to help you personally know you can do all things through Christ that strengthens you. After all, when we find our self grateful of the little then the many shall follow.

No comments: