Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Need

A young child is going on and on, about what they need for a party, to their parent. The parent says “I want you to seriously consider, what it is you need for this party. Then we can talk.” The child goes away and returns with a list it reads:

Things I need for the sukcess of my party:
Jesus, Brothers’, house,
food, mom, dad, clothing, and love.

“Wow, this is all you need for the party,” amazingly says the parent. Yes, can I have it, can I have it, persistently says the child? “You already have it,” says the parent. The child runs around the house with joy chanting, “We are having a party!”

This setting captures my attention to me being a child of God asking for control over my temper or love, for one that hurt me. God replies “you have it, my child.”

I believe each time I feel, I am having a hard time defeating a temptation or controlling my emotions; God is speaking saying “Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is” (John 3:2). The part that sticks out is “be like Him.” Because you are made in His image you have His character yet because you dwell in this world you also adopt ways of the world.

As Christians we have been given “his precious and wonderful promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, seeing that you have escaped the corruption that is in the world caused by evil desires” (2 Peter1:4).

Have you considered your needs? What does your list look like? Perhaps you have postponed your list because of what you don’t have. Maybe you have sought something yet lack writing your list because it seems impossible.

God wants to talk with you but asks of you to seriously consider, what is needed. Pray to God to narrow your thoughts to only think of what is needed. Ask the Lord to give you wisdom to be content. Call upon the Father with a heart of thankfulness knowing you are blessed. For “the Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance”( 2 Peter 3:9).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This list reminds me of a conversation I had with a patient who just wanted to be married. I was able to tell him that he really needed to get with God first and then the wife will come later. He thought he was 'missing' out in life without a wife. He then realized that he did need God more than a wife. His conversations then changed from 'I just want to be married' to guess what? I joined the church today......This same person later died with Christ in his heart more than the thought of needing a wife. Wow..what a party in heaven.

Sometimes we know what others need in life and we are able to give it to them so they could have the 'Party' of a lifetime. His desires changed only because someone else told him the TRUTH.

Be the light that you can be for others just because you can.

Heddie J.of A Poetic Ministree