Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rest

The other night, I was before the Father and asked for His help. I knew I was too involved in my flesh because I saw my issues. I could see where money was lacking, bill collectors calling, children needing what I could not provide. My issues were too big, too vivid and I cried to the Lord deliver me from these issues. As I prayed I cried knowing He is the only one that can help me endure this race.

I got a phone call of a miracle. I was most thankful. Later on that day I could see the Father's favor, seeing more from my spiritual eyes. I saw Him doing far more than I could imagine. To see the unimaginable requires much faith and praise.

I noticed that my faith was in increments and the Father was providing in increments. He wants to see if I can manage the increments of what He gives. He wants to know if I can be thankful for the little. God wants to know if I can praise Him when I don’t know. He wants to know if I will go when He says go. In the midst of all this, I can only rely on Him. For this is a work He created and ordained.

Lately, I have had to remind myself that I have gone through a flood; I have gone through the fight, been broken, put in pits, and even secluded with lightning flashing all around. I can say I have been delivered through the pits, fights, floods, because my Father loves me. The Lord will never put more on me than I can bear.

As I remind myself I recite “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior” (Isaiah 43:1b-3a).

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. (Psalm 9:9-10)

Sometimes we get caught up in the natural and loose sight of the spiritual. In the spiritual realm we can see victory. In the flesh we can not only see pain but dwell in the midst of the pain and time retrains. It is with my spiritual eyes I can see what the Lord is pulling me through.

What type of rest are you seeking ? Rest from the Father? Are you caught up with how much rest you are not getting? Or are you seeking His rest for endurance for the race?

I encourage you to know your circumstances are reminders of how involved you are with your flesh. If you can only feel pain when a miracle occurred, ask God for His peace. If you are only seeing what you lack, call upon the Father to give you wisdom to see your victory. Request to the Father that your imagination is open to His will. It is vital to believe in the success of the mission for victory. Pray to the Father for ongoing Faith and not faith of increments. Seek the Lord, and he will answer, and deliver you from all your fears (Psalm 34:4). For the Lords “presence will go with you, and I will give you rest” (Exodus 33:14).

No comments: