Monday, February 2, 2009

Without Him

For the past few days, I have been trying to wake up and work but my baby keeps waking up. The weather has been flip flopping, one day it is cool and windy, the next day it’s warm. It is affecting him causing him to be congested. So when he awakes he wants to be held to be close to feel peace, to feel protected. I hold him in my arms and rock him. I sing “Falling in love with Jesus, falling in love with Jesus, falling in love with Jesus is the best thing I ever done…” I place him close to my heart and peace falls over him, as he quietly falls asleep.

As I hold him, I think of Jesus wanting to be close to us. As a wife longs for her husband that works 9 to 5, Christ longs for us. As a husband desires to hear his wife’s voice, the father longs to hear from you.

I consider when I initially fell in love with Christ and needing Him was all I could think of. In the midst, of all my priorities, at times I forget and get congested with life and have a hard time functioning, as my child was having difficulty breathing. I stumble all because I forget to spend time with the Father.

My mind jogs its memory to Jesus explaining, “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself” (John 5:19). “For without me you can do nothing” (John 15:5).

When I fell in love with Jesus I wanted to be close to Him at all times. In His arms there is no doubt. In His arms He keeps me from insecurities. In His arms I am away from negativity. In His arms I am protected. In His arms is peace. In His arms I can breathe and be free, for there is no place I’d rather be.

Is your sensor of communication signaling; however, you move on. You slow down when there is a communication problem in your relationship with your spouse, perhaps you even pray about it. If your child is not listening, you can discern the communication problem, and call upon the Lord. You are aware when you speak to someone and they ignore you yet when Christ is speaking to you, you care not. You go on with your to do list and wonder why the day is so congested, pondering more time in the day and not time with the Father.

How do you start your day, is it with plans of work, plans of completing a task? The Father desires to spend time with you. You are asking more from Him and He is standing waiting for more of you. He knows your priorities asking “why isn’t He a priority”.

Consider changing your priorities to start your day off with Him. Allow time to thank Him. Allow time to praise Him. Allow you lifestyle to change with worship being a part of your day, throughout your day. Ask the Father to order your steps so you may follow. Pray to the Father to forgive you for neglecting to spend time with Him. Call upon the Lord to keep you in His arms, for with out Him you can do nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is all so Good!!! I thank him for you, and when I say I thank him for you honey, I really do. Last night I was up very late sorting through old cards,pictures, ect. I was also doing laundry and trying to praise God too. Everything seemed to be in such a disarray that I finally had to sit down from being overwhelm, a song came on the Gospel chanel ( Jesus is the best thing that ever happen to me)and bought so much joy to my heart. I began to cry and praise my heavenly father thanking him for all of my many blessing and asking him to direct my path and to help me stay focus on what is important. And you know Jamila,a calmness ame over me and God gave me my direction. Your message today was for me and I thank you for it. God need us to always put him first in all things, he should always be top Priority!!! Love to you..