Tuesday, February 24, 2009

In The Midst of Haters

I have been preparing for our upcoming conference and it has been a challenge. A few days ago a person told me I needed to "wait a year before I had the conference because ‘no one knows me’”. I politely told them thank you for your insight.

I moved away from them quickly and as the day went on their words, start forming negativity within. I start questioning if I should change the date. I start thinking maybe it can’t be next month because it’s too soon. I was frustrated and said, “Well I should cancel the event.”

I spoke with my husband and he encouraged me to seek God.

That next morning, I rose early to have a meeting with the Father. I cried thanking Him for victory. I asked for forgiveness for putting limitations on God and I felt lead to move forward. Once I got up a bursting feeling of energy came over me.

I could see couples joining renewing their vows. I saw couples being healed from jealousy, broken of pride, encouraged to love and grow spiritually with each other. I saw women with formal gowns on, as if they were going to the prom with their date. Men were pulling chairs out, as if they were trying to impress their loved one, to win them over.

For a moment my understanding was clouded, it became darkened, “being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart” (Ephesians 4:18). But God is a God of His word.

When God tells you to do something you have to be careful who you share it with. Jesus spoke on the Mount warning the people to "Never give what is holy to dogs or throw your pearls before pigs. Otherwise, they will trample them with their feet and then turn around and attack you." (Matthew 7:6)

I knew in my heart I had to move on, the conference is to build and help the growth of the institute of marriage.

God was speaking to my heart “Open the gates, That the righteous nation which keeps the truth may enter in. You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. Trust in the LORD forever, For in YAH, the LORD, is everlasting strength. For He brings down those who dwell on high,” (Isaiah 26:2-5).

Today the economy is messed up. But the Lord is saying trust in me forever. As I considered the economy, I could see Joseph when the Lord placed him in position to help during a famine. If Joseph did not do as the Lord directed him, how many people would not have had food? Would he have been there for his family when they needed food? Would he have reunited with his father and brothers?

As I kept thinking it became clear to me “if I don’t continue with this conference people won’t be at God’s appointed time, people wont’ see that even through the hardships God is saying “Come with me on the honey moon and I will pay the fare.”

The Lord wants you and me to understand the power of His word. The psalmist wrote “Your word is a lamp to my feet, And a light to my path” (Psalm 105). The word helps guide you through the bumpy areas. When darkness is all around the word gives you a clear path so you can maneuver through.

What is your image of what God is telling you? Can you see yourself doing what He is asking of you? Do you desire Him in the night? Are you listening to the haters?

Consider praising the Lord, as He fights the battle. Separate your self from the haters and allow the Lord to sanctify you with the truth (John 17:17). Shout to the heavens above “by my spirit within me “I will seek You early; For when Your judgments are in the earth, The inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness” (Isaiah 26:9). Pray to God to release you from putting restraints on Him, as you pursue relying on Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your faith is sooooooo refreshing, Jamila. Sometimes people who appear to be haters are only speaking in the limitations of their faith. They have not seen God do what He is doing now! For too long, we have felt that waiting is doing nothing. When in fact, waiting is working for God, doing what He has called you to do. Traditional Marriage is under attack! So anyone who the Lord uses to fight in that battle; YOU; must be prepared FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH. SO PUT YOUR WAR CLOTHES ON! :) Ephesians 6:10. We Win!!!!
We must never forget that satan's attack tools are discouragement, doubt, and unbelief. When you know that you are in the will of God, do His Will with all of your might!