Friday, February 13, 2009

Self Controlled

I watched this movie once and the basketball team was watching the opponent they would play against, two weeks in advance. The coach was having each player study the one they would guard. It wasn’t that the coach was attempting to make his players emulate the other players he wanted them to be aware of their tricks so they would be prepared, on game day.

Yesterday, I was reminded of the schemes of the enemy. As I have been moving forward for the Lord many distractions have come about to push me further behind for the game day which I am preparing for. My children have been very testy. My husband has been ill. My computer has even acted as if it has the flu. It would be easy for me to loose control and just stop. However, this is not my battle, but it is a test.

This morning the coach from above is reminding me to be self-controlled. “Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour” (1Peter 5:8).

As I am reminded, I calm down, as Jesus calmed the disciples. I turn my focus to praying to the Lord, declaring no weapons formed against me shall prosper.

It dawned on me, many are going about their day pursuing the work of the Lord. Your adversary is prowling at you; he wants to take you out. He sends every tactic that will make you tick. He sends what makes your flesh crawl in attempt to get you off course. He will attempt to make your view of your loved ones seem as if they are getting on your very last nerve but be self-controlled my friend, be cautious.

Those darts he throws at you are only an attempt to get you to call the Lord a lie. You have to be bold and declare "Even though you planned evil against me, God planned good to come out of it” (Genesis 50:20).

I just praised the Father for replenishing my time. I just worshipped the Father, adoring the fact that as I was seeking His kingdom first, He was working things out for me. So how like my challenger to send all that will make me tick. He wants me to loose control and curse my Lord and call Him a lie.

Are arrows shooting it at you? Are you throwing back with the Word of the Lord or are you loosing it all? Consider being self-controlled, tell the Father, thank you Jesus for making away out of no way, so many times. Thank you for increasing my faith. Thank you Lord, for healing me when the doctor said no. Thank you Jesus, glorify His precious name.

Don’t walk around in fear because of the lion’s roar. Call upon the Creator of his roar and allow the Father to roar at your opponent. Ask the Lord to give you strength to control yourself. Pray to the Father for wisdom to discern the attacks of the antagonist. Be self-controlled.

No comments: