Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Your Limitations

I saw a daughter dancing the other morning. Her father showed her a map and asked her where a certain state was and each time she got it right, she danced. She would point out the state and celebrate by doing what her father called “Smarty Dance.”

I smiled with amazement because I was reminded again how we place limitations on children; we are in fact, placing limitations on the Lord.

A young girl called me yesterday to tell me she won a writing contest for the county and I was elated. I was reminded again, is anything too big for my God.

My mind captured my attention to the story when God came to Balaam and said "Don't go with them. And don't curse the others—they are a blessed people" (Numbers 22 :12).

The people were afraid and felt they needed help but God was trying to get them to see they were blessed. They were so disconnected to their blessing they thought they needed Balaam. God then told Balaam "Since these men have come all this way to see you, go ahead and go with them. But make sure you do absolutely nothing other than what I tell you" (Numbers 22:20).

The next day he left with them and saddled his donkey. God was upset and blocked the road 3 times. The donkey knew it was the Lord and the donkey would veer off the road. Balaam would then beat his donkey each time.

“God's angel blocked the way yet again—a very narrow passage this time; there was no getting through on the right or left. Seeing the angel, Balaam's donkey sat down under him. Balaam lost his temper; he beat the donkey with his stick” (Numbers 22:26-27).

Then God gave speech to the donkey. She said to Balaam: "What have I ever done to you that you have beat me these three times" (Numbers 22:28)?

Balaam thought the donkey was playing games, but in fact Balaam was getting ahead of him self. “The donkey said to Balaam, "Am I not your trusty donkey on whom you've ridden for years right up until now? Have I ever done anything like this to you before? Have I?"
He said, "No."


Then God helped Balaam see what was going on: He saw God's angel blocking the way, brandishing a sword. Balaam fell to the ground, his face in the dirt” (Numbers 22:30-31).

As children we have divine power by God it is not something we have to wait for, it is there. Many people are walking around in bondage not knowing they are blessed. Since they don’t use their line of blessing you have people fraudulently attempting to use it. They see the potential in you and you keep throwing it up against the wall. God has divine power to do whatever He wants to do. If He can make a donkey talk how much more limitations must you place on Him.

What limitations are you putting on the Lord? Don’t look to other people to bless you, yet seek the blessing in you. Call upon the Lord to give you wisdom. Ask the Father to forgive you for not having faith in the divine power He has for you. Pray that you lean on the Lord for nothing is too big for my God.

No comments: