Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Marvel With Him

I was drawing a pattern of hearts and my daughter came to me saying, “Mom will you show me how to draw hearts like that?" She collected her utensils and before she knew it, she was making her pattern of hearts. She amazes me for her willingness to do what she sees me do and also inspires me to do even more.

Thinking of her jogs my memory to Jesus explaining how "the Father loves the son and shows Him all the things that He does; and He will show Him a greater works than these, that you may marvel" (John15:20).

I think back to my daughter relating in her mind she asks me to demonstrate how to draw the hearts because she had already made up in her mind, "if my mom can do it so can I." She knew if I just showed her how it was done she would do a work which as a result, I would be amazed, as I am today.

Considering my child's relationship and the relationship of God's children I know it is the same. I believe we are to see Jesus and all the miraculous things He did and strive to do as He did. What I like about the scripture is it is saying to us, you can do what I do, for if I am in you and you in me, you can.

How do you respond when a child asks you to show them how to do something? Are you willing to be as the Father and show the child all the things ? Our Father loves you. He has greater works to show you. The Lord desires for you to teach the children, for they have greater works as well.

Make time to help another, especially the little ones. Is your child gathering utensils positioning them self to learn? Are you being the teacher you were called to be to your child? Perhaps you feel bombarded with life. Maybe you think it is not enough of you to share your self with your child or any other child.

Stop contemplating on you and narrow your thoughts to be consumed with the Spirit. Pray to God to fill you with the Spirit so you may look more as He. Ask God to forgive you for considering you first. Call upon the Lord to change your heart so you may dwell in peace with Him. For what you teach the little ones will cause you to marvel.

No comments: