Monday, February 9, 2009

Live By Faith

I woke up this morning trying to just spend time with the Lord but I had an urgency to get up and work. I did not understand nor question the Lord but I start cleaning. As time continued I discovered we were having guest. It dawned on me, “why the urgency to clean the house came over me.”

The day continued to progress and I phoned my husband to tell him, “I would not have certain tasks completed because I can not do it alone.” I recognized that I was falling short in the midst of all the tasks that had to be done and needed help to get things done.

I was reminded of those with faith are blessed. I over heard the scripture, “For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them," (Galatians 3:10).

When you rely on what you do or do not do, you are cursed, for you are putting your faith in the work you do. It is through the faith of the Lord that He is able to activate, what you are falling short of.

How do you make investments? You are not investing your time in working and ignoring what the Lord says to do, are you? You are not donating money to this organization and that organization but not giving where the Lord requires you to give, are you?

If I spend my day working 9 to5, but do not abide in what the Lord tells me, what good are my works from 9 to5. I can’t push myself to work so I can complete a certain task or earn a certain amount of money and I am not being the mother, I was designed to be. I can not focus my attention on my list of things to do and neglect the list of my husbands’ needs, for I would not be the wife I was created to be. I must call on the Lord where I fall short and allow Him to take over. Not doing what I was designed to do is disobedience to the Lord.

If you depend on the law you are cursed. The law is to reveal, how you are so much not like God. It is not designed to show you, how to repair your self; yet, reveal what is wrong in hopes that you may call on the creator to restore you.

Further in the book of Galatians (3:11-13) it reveals that no one is justified before God by the law for "The righteous shall live by faith."

As I looked at all the things I had to do I realized, I could not meet the standards. I can not meet the standards of a perfect God, for I am not perfect. The law has cursed us all. That is why we strive for perfection but can not get close because we are not perfect. The just shall live by faith.

What are you striving to do today? Are you giving your all, only to find you are still short? It does not matter if I did 10 percent more than you or you did 50 percent more than me, we still fall. 99 and a half won’t due because our Father has a standard of excellence.

It is through Christ that we are justified. We are able to do the impossible because our Lord has given us credit, when we don’t deserve it.

Stop beating your self. Stop getting frustrated at what you wish you had, could have had or want to have done, for you were designed to depend and rely on the Lord. Instead of making a new plan to do things your way, submit to His way. Pray to God to forgive you for trying to do it your way and not include Him. Call upon the Lord to unleash angels to keep the enemy from blocking you to allow the Father to do as He wills. Ask the Lord to direct your path to follow only His directions. Pray to God that you have faith in Him and not the performance. “He has given His divine power for everything we need in life and godliness through knowledge of Him, who called us, for His very own glory and goodness” (2 Peter1:3).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this devotional! The only reason that brings purpose to our every days is to live for the Sovereign LORD of the Universe. Nothing in GOD is lost, not even time. Therefore everything that we seek, love, happiness, and peace... cannot be found anywhere but in Jesus Christ our LORD.Live for GOD, seek His face, cry out for insight, and go after His wisdom and understanding - then and only then will you begin to live...and you will never want to live any other way. GLORY be to GOD forever more.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.Romans 12:21
Angie

Anonymous said...

This devotional was such an encouragement to me. It brings relief to be reminded that God has already prepared my assignment for each day. It was also good for me to be reminded that if I simply seek Him, whatever needs to be done not only can be done, but will be done -- if I rely on the Lord. Thank you for sharing God's wisdom for the everyday.